Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Being a WAHM & the reality of it.......

Hi everyone my name is Amanda Crawford.....I got this idea to create WAHM blog that gives honest reality of what it takes and what it's really like to start a direct sales business. I have been an extreme networker and learned a lot these past few years. No matter what there is NO easy way to start a business.......you will have bad months, good months, slow months, ones you feel like giving up, ones you feel super motivated, ones you want to cry, and ones you feel like you are going somewhere. I really believe you CAN make it in the direct sales world........BUT (and a big BUT) you have to work at is REALLY hard and be very determined. Also, you must believe in what you are selling 100%!!! I researched just about every direct sales company out there when I picked my business.....Spa Girl Parties (now called Spagirl Gourmet). This company fit me and had products I loved. I know you will not be successful if you pick something just because the commission may be better than something you may have liked better. You also need to make sure it's not a scam......google is there for a reason.....use it! Google the company name and read every review on it. Don't feel afraid to contact a rep and ask questions before you sign up. I get calls all the time about Spagirl Gourmet.....and talking to the potential reps I give them all the answers they need to determine if this is right for them. I feel if someone does not sound like they want to do this I don't pressure them. It's not beneficial to me to have team members that don't want to work their business, and it's a huge waste of their money and time if I would push them into it. Also, don't be afraid to talk to various reps from that company to get different opinions and make sure your team leader will be there for you.


Taking the leap......When you finally take the leap and become an independent business owner you will feel like you have it all......not true! This is your beginning.....your real test of if you have what it takes to make it in this highly competitive world of direct sales. I started back in March 2007 with my company and I am still working to improve my networking skills. I must be getting better because the owner of the company had me on a conference call giving a presentation on great places to network online. I will also give these places in a future blog to you all. First, you must start off by believing in yourself, getting help from your up line, and getting business cards. Advertising is key to making it........you need to hand out catalogs, book a table at local vendor shows, bridal shows, hang business cards, flyers, ads in the newspaper, create a website, and network like mad.

Succeeding.......if you stay tuned to my blog I will be giving a lot of advice on networking and helping you make it in this harsh world of direct sales. I will even be getting a collection of ideas from other ladies that have been doing this for years and successful at their business. I will do the research and you can just come here to find what you need to make a decision. I know a lot of women that are in direct sales......so, my plan this week is to get a couple paragraphs from several on their business and what they offer. If you are looking for something these will be the ladies I know are awesome! I will only post opportunities from ladies I have personally dealt with and are good at what they do.

I look forwarding to sharing my ideas and getting your ideas daily! I will try to post once per day and let you know how my business is going and what sorts of events are working best for me. I hope you leave comments and suggestions!

1 comments:

Teresa said...

Congratulations Amanda on your new venture! I look forward to following this blog and watching it grow!

Post a Comment